Project Name : Rajasthan Forestry and Biodiversity Development Project (RFBDP) by AFD
Project Brief :
The objective of the proposed project is conservation of forest and wildlife resources in the project area. To achieve this project objective, a judicious mix of modern technology and traditional knowledge / practices shall be arrived at. While implementing this project there shall be a conscious effort in creation of knowledge and devise adaptive/mitigate solutions to combat deleterious effects of climate change.
The overall approach of this project could be broken down as follows:
1. To protect and develop natural forests of project area.
2. To improve the conservation status of threatened taxa.
3. Grassland restoration/creation with the objectives of habitat management and carbon sequestration.
4. To promote sustainable use of biological resources: preservation and restoration of habitats including wetlands and documentation of processes involved.
5. Streamline forest administration, improve interface with communities, and create opportunities for sustainable local livelihoods both direct and indirect.
6. Management of wildlife habitat through the use of latest advances of science and technology: species restoration and documentation of processes involved.
Project Activity Description :
1. Protecting and developing natural forests of eastern Rajasthan by conserving and Scientifically managing the forest resources.
2. Soil and Moisture Conservation.
3. Biodiversity Conservation and development of protected areas.
4. Development of Plant Micro-reserves and restoration of degraded Forests.
5. Fostering ccommunity involvement and creating better awareness of environment and climate change.
6. Generation of direct and indirect livelihoods for local communities
7. Promotion of sustainable, experiential travel and tourism to forest areas.
8. Capacity building , training and research.
9. Real time monitoring for effective implementation of the project.
Implementing Agency : Rajasthan Forest Department, Government of Rajasthan
Project Funding Agency : Agence Française de Développement (AFD)
Duration of the Project : 08 Years
Total of the Project : INR 1693.91 Crore
AFD : GoR :: Rs. 1185.29 Cr : Rs. 508.62 Cr.
Extent of the project : 13 districts of Eastern Rajasthan
Alwar, Baran, Bhilwara, Bharatpur, Bundi, Dausa, Dholpur, Jaipur, Jhalawar, Karauli, Kota, Sawaimadhopur and Tonk