The Information Technology wing of Rajasthan Forest Department is mandated with the following tasks :
- Maintenance of Departmental Website along with its content Management & Development.
- Development of Departmental MIS applications and Database, their implementation and maintenance.
- Development and maintenance of Departmental GIS applications and its utilization for development of plans,reports, thematic maps etc.
- Introduction and Establishment of latest technology in the fields of Communication, Electronics, Surveillance etc. like closed User Group, Global Positioning System, and Internet Connectivity.
- Providing Support and Training on Information Technology activities for Field Offices and other wings.
- Support for implementation of State Government IT applications.